*For more information on Flaherty’s books, please visit the website HERE.
Devon spent eleven years writing and brainstorming novels, in her “free” time from mothering, selling arts and crafts, and up to her forehead in in laundry, dishes, bills, and hobbies. With her son off to school and her husband graduated and nursing, the waiting and watching paid off… for two years, until Devon was moved to full-time home-schooling. We’re in another period of storing up ideas and notes with the occasional flurry of activity (at an annual residency). Devon’s long-term plans (which begin in earnest in 2022) include working on the twenty-plus novels and book series that are already in her head (yes, they absolutely are already there), one at a time, until more have joined them. Here is the list of accomplishments (in bold) and the stuff that is far enough along to share:
- “5.8,” short story, complete 2013, published in Scrutiny Journal in 2014
- Benevolent, magic realism novel in Storykeeper Tales unconventional series, published 2013
- “Trecora,” short story for Storykeeper Tales, complete 2014
- The Touch, serial novel on Wattpad, published each Monday starting 2014, in process
- The Night of One Hundred Thieves, fantasy novel in Storykeeper Tales, published 2015
- The Family Elephant’s Jewels, literary fiction, shopping for agent, 2020
- The Poems of Currer, Ellis, and Acton Bell, illustrated reprint, in editing
- The Vent, the Canal, and the Shoehorn, picture book, in illustration
- The Journey of Clement Fancywater, fantasy novel, in process
- “64,” short story, shopping for magazine, 2020
- “Pinned Up,” short story, shopping for magazine, 2020
- “Search Engine History While Finishing a Novel,” flash fiction, shopping for magazine, 2020
*Not including participation with reprints, nonfiction, cookbooks, coffee table books, concept books, a possible graphic novel, and compilations.